DURHAM, N.H. -- The University of New Hampshire men's lacrosse has initiated its search for a head starting with the 2022 season.
The head coach is responsible for the development and guidance of the team on and off the field. He or she should be dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate about the game of lacrosse and willing to put in the time and effort required to succeed in the MCLA.
The UNH men’s lacrosse team is a highly competitive and talented group that has seen consistent growth in becoming a nationally ranked team over the past few seasons. This is a part-time commitment in the fall, winter and spring.
• Ability to attend 3-4 practices a week in both fall and spring
• Willingness to travel to all home and away games on the weekends (both regionally and nationally. For example, we typically take a week-long spring break trip that usually involves flying to different states)
• Develop coherent and productive practice plans
• Scout opposing teams and develop comprehensive game plans
• Help maintain a healthy relationship to the high school programs and assist recruiting prospective players
• Maintain relationships with MCLA coaches to help plan competitive schedules
Desired Coaching Qualities
• Serves as leader and role model on and off the field
• Experienced and knowledgeable on the game of lacrosse
• Willing to advance the skills of players
• Passionate about the game and driven to excel and win
• Prior experience playing or coaching lacrosse at the collegiate level